The Bhutan Medical and Health Council (BMHC) would like to notify all concerned that:
- All Medical and Health professionals are required to be registered with BMHC to be eligible to practice their profession in the country.
- Primary Medical and Health qualifications recognized by the Council are ;
- Modern Medicine
- Traditional Bhutanese Medicine
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Technicians
- Health Assistant
- Only Medical and Health professionals who has graduated from an institute recognized by BMHC after completing prescribed duration of training are eligible for registration with the Council.
- Qualifications obtained through distant education are not recognized by the Council.
- Internship completion certificate is mandatory for all undergraduate doctors to be eligible for registration with the Council.
Further, BMHC would like to inform all Medical and Health Professionals to practice their profession within the scope of their practice as prescribed by the Council.
All concerned agencies and individuals are requested to comply with this notification while recruiting, employing, issuing trade license and work permits to Medical and Health Professionals.
To check registration status of any medical and health professional please log on to www.bmhc.gov.bt