The Bhutan Medical and Health Council has officially launched its new web site www.bmhc.gov.bt on October 10, 2012. Lyonpo Zangley Dukpa, Hon’ble President and Minister, Bhutan Medical and Health Council, Ministry of Health graced the occasion. This web site will improve many services by making them available online. A web based soft ware ‘Health Professional Management System (HPMS)’ was developed to manage all the information related to registration and certification of the medical and health professionals. This software was integrated into the website whereby any registered professionals may view online or avail services online. Following are the services available online:
- Search and view records of Medical and Health Professionals registered with BMHC
- Check registration status-Active/Inactive
- Apply for renewal of registration (Must pay renewal fee in Thimphu, send a copy of CID card and passport size photograph)
- Apply for request/approval for CME programme
- Check CME credit awarded for individual
- Download M&HC Act, Regulation, Guidelines and application forms for different category of registration.
On the very auspicious day, the Hon’ble Lyonpo also launched the ‘Guidelines for Undergraduate Medical Internship Program in Bhutan’ and log book which was developed by BMHC after several discussions with Specialists from JDWNRH. The Specialists will also be mentor to the undergraduate interns during a year long internship program. Starting the Internship program for the first time in Jigme Dorji Wangchuk National Referral Hospital, Thimphu, Hon’ble Lyonpo said will be a landmark step in the history of medical education in Bhutan.
Kindly contact Bhutan Medical and Health Council if any discrepancies in information are found.
Telephone no: Pabx: 322602/322351/328091/328093
Extension no: 339/338
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org