As provided under Section 25 of the Civil Service Reform Act of Bhutan 2022 and pursuant to the RCSC’s reorganization order RCSC/LD-63/2022/2266 of 30 December 2022, then the Bhutan Medical and Health Council was subsumed under the Office of the Bhutan Qualifications and Professionals Certification Authority (BQPCA) as Medical and Health Professionals Council on 9th January 2023. The Medical and Health Professionals Council is a member of the Medical Councils Network of the WHO South-East Asia Region and International Association of Medical Regulatory Authority.
Excellence in regulation of education, qualification and practice of medical and health professionals.
- Strengthen public health safety through effective enforcement of policies, regulations and standards.
- Enhance the competencies by setting the high standards for medical education and continuous professional development.
- Promote professionalism and good clinical practice among medical and health professionals.
- Foster public trust and confidence in the medical and health professionals.
- License/register the Universities/Institutes/Colleges for training of medical and health professionals.
- Recognize/accredit Universities/Institutes/Colleges outside country for training of medical and health professionals.
- Review and validate curriculum for new programs.
- Register medical and health professionals who are trained within and outside the country.
- Inspect and monitor premises (universities/colleges/institutes) where medical and health professionals are trained.
- Inspect and monitor government and private healthcare centres.
- Maintain registry of all medical and health professionals and list of recognized training Institutes.
- Receive and investigate grievances related to medical and health professionals.
- Develop/frame plans, policies, regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Monitor competencies and skills of medical and health professionals.
- Liaise with international and national agencies/institutes.
- Create awareness on rules, regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Integrity & Honesty:
- We conduct our work ethically and with honesty
- We take accountability for our decisions and actions.
- We deliver our services professionally through positive attitude, actions and comments.
- We demonstrate expertise in carrying out our responsibilities and inspire others through our work.
- We strive towards excellence in our services.
- Team Spirit:
- We aspire and work for the same goal.
- We respect and support each other.
Types of Services:
- Recognition and registration of training institutes in the country.
- Recognition and registration of training institutes outside the country.
- Recognition and registration of medical and health professionals.
- Monitoring and awarding of credits for the Continuing Medical Education of medical and health professionals.
- Reciprocal recognition and accreditation of courses within and outside the country.
- Receive and investigate complaints/grievances against medical and health professionals.
- Issuance of Letter of Good Standing for medical and health professionals.
- Design and develop regulatory strategies that are in line with the changing times.
- Promote quality training of the medical and health professionals by monitoring the quality of faculty, curricula and processes related to the training.
- Promote respect and reputation of the medical and health professionals through public awareness and code of practice
- Promote public health safety and integrity of the medical and health professionals through unbiased investigation of complaints and grievances.
- Enhance quality of healthcare through continuous monitoring and feedback.
- Enhance competency and professionalism through monitoring the award of credits for Continuing Medical Education.
- Enhance effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery through effective stakeholder consultation, feedback system and capacity development.