MoH/BMHC/41/2014/ 298 September 30, 2014
The Bhutan Medical and Health Council Secretariat hereby notify all concerned that the Council has framed following regulation on use of telemedicine and tele-consultation.
1. Ex-country consultation:
When a medical and health professional take consultation from doctors outside the country and make diagnosis on Bhutanese patients through telemedicine, the consulting/referring physician shall be legally responsible of treatment decision and outcome.
2. In-country consultation:
When a medical and health professional take consultation and make diagnosis on patients from the doctors within the country through telemedicine, the physician giving the treatment shall be responsible of treatment decision and outcome.
The medical and health professional making consultation through telemedicine both within and outside the country shall obtain informed consent from patient/patient party.
This notification is issued as per decision of 10th General Council Body meeting of BMHC.
All the medical and health professionals engaged in telemedicine referral are requested to comply with this notification with immediate effect.
- The PS to Hon’ble Lyonpo, MoH for kind appraisal.
- The Director General, DoMS, MoH for kind information.
- The Director General, DoPH, MoH for kind information.
- The Medical Superintendent, JDWNRH/ERRH/CRRH, for kind information.
- The CEO, HHC, JDWNRH for kind information.
- The Chief Medical Officer, RBA for kind information.
- All CMOs, District hospitals for information and necessary compliance.
- All DHOs, Dzongkhag Administrations, for information and necessary compliance.