This is to inform all concerned that Bhutan Medical and Health Council (BMHC) has made it mandatory for all Medical and Health professionals performing routine Ultrasound to undergo a minimum of six months structured training program in a recognized training institutes/hospitals and have to be registered and certified by BMHC.
Therefore BMHC would like to inform all concerned head of the hospitals/health centers to ensure that those who do not fulfill the above requirements are not authorized to perform Ultrasonography.
This notification is issued for strict compliance by those concerned.
- PS to the Hon’ble Lyonpo/ President/BMHC, for kind appraisal
- Director General, Department of Medical Services for kind information
- Chief Medical Officer, RBA, Lungtenphu Military Hospital, for kind information
- Medical Director, JDWNRH, for kind information and necessary action
- HoD, Department of Radiology &Imaging, JDWNRH,for information
- All the Medical Superintendents, ERRH, CRRH and Phuntsholing Hospital for information and necessary action
- All the CMOs, Medical Officers, for information and necessary action